Friday, May 3, 2013

American Idol 2013 - Top 4 Performance Recap

Yesterday evening I watched the 6 pm show but I didn't managed to  finish it. Besides not being that exciting, I was planning to put myself to sleep early that night (I wasn't feeling well).

So anyway, the producer invited Harry Connick Jr. as the contestants mentor this week. I thought he looked so familiar, and at first I thought he was the one starred in The Journey to the center of the earth but when Branden Fraser appeared during my googling attempt, I know I was wrong. Up to this moment I don't have any idea where I came across seeing that familiar look. But I'm sure it was from a movie.

By the way, I missed the themes. Not sure what themes they had this week but I was kinda okay with them; not another boring night.

Angie sang her own rendition of "Diamonds" by Rihanna & it wasn't new to me as I had watched the same performance on her Youtube channel before she joined American Idol. What I know for sure, the performance in that video was way better than last night's. It works better with her band. The 2nd performance was better. She sang her mom's favorite song & she delivered it beautifully. The judges thought the same too.

Candice chose the hit song from Bruno Mars, "When I was your man". I thought it was weird for a woman to sang this song but she made it work. Although I think no one could sing this song as captivating as Bruno Mars. I didn't watch her 2nd performance. But I personally thought the 1st one was the best of the week.

Kree again didn't managed to attract my attention. I was feeling bored with her song choices. Maybe she could pull it off by singing hit songs from Shania Twain or Trisha Yearwood, some songs which are more familiar and lovable to the ears but still within the country category. I'm not rooting for her to stay this time around.

Amber chose a song from Pink  which title I'm not really sure of but it was just okay. I didn't watch the second performance. Between her & Kree, I'd rather she be the one to stay and continue with the competition. At least that's what I thought but it's up to America.

The contestants are so caught up with the finale stress & they were very tense. I just can't wait for this season to be over and finally Angie to be crowned as the winner.



P/s: 5 days later I discovered I saw Harry Connick Jr in 'P/S I Love You!!' That puts a stop in my wondering thought.

2 comments:

Namia Talia said...

Hi There! I think Kree will be eliminated too! She's such a bore. I'm Candice loyal voter from New Jersey! ;)

Sweetheart Mama Papa said...

Hey :)

Yeah If only Angie's not there, I would definitely root for Candice. But I can't vote anyway, I'm from Malaysia.

Good luck team Candice! Either one wins I'm okay with it...