Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Part 1 (Honeymoon)~ Redang Bay Resort, Pulau Redang, Terengganu

For our 1st honeymoon- we chose a holiday destination in Malaysia. It was due to our tight budget (so sad). But that was okay! My husband said he will bring me to Indonesia on February next year for our second honeymoon!!! ^_^ So this time I am okay to just spend time in Malaysia, my lovely country!! :-D

The first thought that came to us was a holiday by the beach. But question arose, which beach to go? To me, it's not a problem, as I am already more than happy to be with hubby :-)

I suggested Pulau Langkawi to hubby but he doesn't fancy the water; he said they are not clear blue. According to him, oceans at Malacca Strait are not as mesmerizing as the oceans in South China Sea. Whatever~ (What he said turned out to be true, I had to admit to him later)

Indeed, oceans in South China Sea are so captivating, beautiful clear blue waters. When South China Sea pops in our head, we think of Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian and Pulau Lang Tengah.


Being famous with its clear blue water and breathtaking view, we finally chose Redang Island in Terengganu for our honeymoon getaway. There were so many resorts to choose from and we finally settled for Redang Bay Resort. 6 months before the big day, my husband and I had prepared everything for this trip. So, we were finally off for our honeymoon just a day after the event. Just like our wedding, we also made an advanced preparations and plannings for our honeymoon getaway. It's true, it ensures smooth journey.

We bought this package at 'Matta Fair' earlier in March 2012 which cost RM700+ per couple. I thought this price was okay, and it was within our budget. The minute you set foot in this fair, you will be so captivated by the choices lay before you. All the travel agencies are unquestionably unique & good.With the affordable prices offered, there is nothing to lose.

These are how the prices look like

Our agency was 'Sedunia Travels'. Rest assured all agencies are good and trustworthy as our government had inspected them before they are permitted to join this fair. So, do not worry on this part.

What are the things included in our package?

1)  Full meals throughout the stays (Including 1 BBQ night)
2) 3 days and 2 nights accommodations - Twin Bed Sharing ( 1 Queen sized bed & 1 single bed)
3) 3 Snorkeling sessions (Including Marine Park entrance fee)
4) Free flow of drinks (Coffee, Tea, Sky Juice)
5) 2 ways boat transfer (Boat bring us from Jetty to the beach and return to Jetty)

Snorkeling equipment was not included. That part we had to rent with a cheap price (About RM15/RM20 each)

Initially we had chose Redang Kalong Resort, which bedrooms were facing the island itself. We could not resists the idea of opening our door to an island right before our eyes.

We had booked a place in that resort and paid for it actually but luck was not on our side. Back in my office later the agency sent an email to cancel our package deal as the resort will not be operating in October due to the Monsoon season.

Luckily, a few other resorts were still be operating till middle of October. So, they offered other options and that was why we ended up with Redang Bay Resort which were not bad after all. In fact, we were very satisfied with the changed of course. We love Redang Bay resort.

Our check in date was on the October 8th, 2012. So, our plan was to drive from KL to Terengganu during the night of the 7th and reach jetty by the next morning. As part of their employee benefits plan, my husband's company will lend a car to their staffs for first marriage. My husband picked Honda Jazz ;-) I absolutely love it, I thought it was perfect ;-) We started the trip on the October 7th at 10pm, and I was awake most of the time throughout the journey. I was busy talking to my husband to keep him awake and I didn't feel sleepy at all. Luckily we made sure we had Nescafe (coffee) in stocks and some finger foods to keep us 'on the go'. He was the only driver as I still don't possess a driving license although I've been driving for the past 3 years. (Let's hope there are no police traffic readers around, he he he .... )

My husband didn't bother to stop for toilet breaks and I was struggling to keep my pee, haha. It was about 7 hours drive when we finally reached the town of Kuala Terengganu. It was very difficult to find the Syahbandar Jetty, but after experiencing a wrong turns and dead-ends road, we finally reached the jetty. We were fully depending on Google Maps.

The minute I set foot at the place, I grabbed my husband to find a toilet & later dragged him for food. The boat wasn't expected to depart until around 8.30am so we had some time to rest during the waiting and it was still 5am. I was in a deep sleep despite the amount of caffeine consumed. And my husband snored in the car. I guess we were both so exhausted.

Our boat departed at 9am and we started to snap photos for our memories ;)

  The SyahBandar Jetty
In Syahbandar Jetty's office. My husband went to collect the boat tickets at the counter. They provide clean toilets and decent waiting area.
All the guests were waiting for the boat to start its operation hour.
This was the pathway leading to the boat, we walked through this path with our luggage and the boat was waiting at the end of it.
The Boat
This was the inside of the boat. It was provided with facilities such as a TV and toilets.

They played some movies on the TV but I didn't watch them. I was too preoccupied watching the view of the ocean and snapping more photos ;) It was my first time riding a boat. The seat was comfortable and the whole conditions of the boat was quite decent ;) 

Earlier that morning, I had taken a pill to avoid sea-sick. I figured out later that this wasn't necessary as the boat was very advanced built, it only produces a distant sound and less bumpy rides. Seriously it wasn't necessary to take those pills!

Plus, those sea-sick pills could caused some dizziness and it happened to me. I was feeling really weak after a few minutes of consumption and my eyelids kept on drooping till I eventually fell asleep. So I told my husband I wont take those pills on the return trip back to the Jetty 3 days later and I didn't. Luckily I was awake and happier during the return trip. And I snapped a lot more photos.. He he;)

The minute we reached Redang Island my husband woke me up and I was so surprised to see the clear view water. It was so crystal clear that you could actually see the corals and the fishes.
Instantly, I fell in love with Redang Island. I was captivated by the beauty of it.


This was the view of Redang Laguna Beach Resort, the most expensive resort here in Redang Island. Perfect, isn't it? ;)
My husband looking all tired but still managed to pose in front of the camera ;-)
We emptied the boat and walked towards our resort which was very near to this Redang Laguna Resort

At the shore, agents from each resorts were presented there waiting to bring their guests to their resort respectively. We followed our agents to our resort.


A picture of my hubby in front of the resort's main entrance. It was quite decent and nice-looking although it surely could not compete with Laguna Beach Resort ;-) 
I made my husband carried our luggages and bags. He he he... That's a gentleman responsibility ;-P
The view surrounded the accommodation's area.
This was the front view of our exclusive room ;-)
This was the view from our room's door. There was a small pool right in front of our room. Not very clean though. I didn't see anyone uses it. I didn't dare to use it either, better not. Look at the greenish water.
This was our bedroom. It was provided with a queen-sized bed and a single bed, a decent cupboard, few towels and clean bathrooms.
This was in between the toilet and the bathroom. A nice big mirror with a washbasin for its guests use.
A picture taken from a different angle. This was the cupboard I mentioned.
Another picture of our warm and cozy bedroom ;-)
I really liked this place. It's nice, isn't it? :-) It's very decent and really comfortable. But during the night, there were noises which came from the rooftop. I thought it was so scary. But my husband said it might be just rats or cats or monkeys. I couldn't sleep tightly on the first night but then later I got used to it. I couldn't ask for a better place. This was perfect ;-)


No comments: