Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Asia's Next Top Model, Cycle 1- Episode 1

I had planned to catch up with all the past episodes of AsNTM which I had missed, from episode 1-9 and finally managed to watch all of them yesterday and the day before. I am soooo head over heels with this TV show & enjoyed watching them so much. I can't wait to watch the future episodes & finally to find out who is the winner.











I really hope it would be Jessica, who represents Thailand.



Remember my past entry on this topic, how I highly praised Helena?







As I had already watched the full episode, it turned out I kinda understand now why all the girls felt the way they did towards her. I admit as I was watching the show I couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed with her myself BUT that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to win! I still think she should be the winner all the same, based on her pure determination and talent. Oh! and she was representing Hong Kong.


So on this 1st episode, I got to learn the 1st prices!
Just a recap-they include a modelling contract covering UK & Europe with London base Storm models including a 3-months all expenses paid working trip to London, cover shoots for Harper's Bazaar magazine,
a cash price of Sing.Dollar 100,000, a contract to become the face of Canon campaign 2013 & drive away a new Subaru XV.

Wow! That's GRAND!

Meet the Judges 


❤"Singapore Most Gorgeous Woman"- Nadya Hutagalung
❤Fashion photographer- Todd Anthony Tyler
❤Model mentor- Joey Mead King
❤Fashion Director- Daniel Boey


Meet the Contestants

❤Aastha - Nepal
❤Sophia - Japan
❤Melissa - Malaysia
❤Bei Si - China
❤Stephanie - Philippines
❤Jessica - Thailand
❤Trang - Vietnam
❤Kate - Taiwan
❤Jee - Korea
❤Rachel - India
❤Monica - Thailand (2 person representing Thailand - is it fair?Mmm..)
❤Filantropi - Indonesia
❤Kyla - Singapore
❤Helena - Hong Kong

~The 1st challenge was a runaway challenge which put Trang as the winner. As the reward, she received a 5000 Sg dollar to buy a whole new wardrobe. Oh God, I would be so ecstatic if I were in her shoes! So she went shopping & generously bought some things for the rest of the girls - wow that was very nice of her. And I thought she is beautiful too, she has this very unique model-like face & her runway catwalk-it was phenomenal. Unfortunately her English was very bad & it didn't really help her that much. Btw, she was representing Vietnam.


~On the 2nd challenge, the girls were instructed to give some quirky looks in the photo shoots. Quirky to me was never before heard, and it was not use that often so I was also confuse as much as most of them. Lucky for Helena, she got it right in her shots & won the challenge - she knew what quirky means, alright :-)
I thought her shot was the best & agree with the judges for their decision. The others just had some normal model-pose & didn't really deliver quirkiness.


Check out my updates on the next episode! ^_^




No comments: