Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wedding prep

I'm writing this post just to share about my wedding preparations, some major things that fall into the categories like the wedding planner, the food caterer, the make up person (mak andam), the bridal gifts, the guests'doorgifts etc... 

Hope some of what i shared will benefited someone out there, if not most.. 

Even back before I got married, it was my usual practice to survey everything in blogs..

So maybe my blog could comes in handy for someone out there for whatever search they got linked to this.. 

anyway, check this out :)

Wedding Planner~
Ok.. I'll start with the wedding planner. My husband and I decided to pick 'Seri Wawasan Catering' for the big day. The owner's son happened to be a friend of my bro's fiancé. So, initially she was the one suggested this planner to us. Due to the endless persuasions from my brother, we then decided to give it a try and set up an appointment with this planner. We call him Abg Din.. Abang Din's business is operating in Setapak, KL. However, he's doing weddings for the whole states in Malaysia. As far as I know, previously he did many weddings in other states apart from Selangor and KL. So if u guys r not based around here, rest assured abg din can do it.

At that time when i took his service, the charges was much more affordable as compared to others..

He covered everything a wedding should have.. 

Basically I hired him for everything, be it catering, interior design of the wedding hall, make up person or attires..

All I needed to do was just tell him what i like and how I wished things to be done.

We only paid  RM13,100.00 for our package.. So here's the list of what we got out of it...

1) Food- RM 10 per guest (mine was 800 guests)
2) Round table with tablecloth & plastic chairs (ribbons were provided for VIP's chairs)
3) Bridal Thrones (Many choices to choose from but ours was surprise choice from the planner himself)
4) Bridal costumes (Rented from abg din)
5) PA System for music and Karaoke
6) Make up person for both events (Solemnization & Reception)
7) Alatan Merenjis (My customs- the blessings given by parents while we were at the bridal thrones)

So that covered all parts of my wedding. I just had to concentrate on doorgifts, invitation cards, bridal gifts for both sides & other simple things.

Check out his Facebook, Blog & Website ;-)


#Abg Din: 012-6286678

Photographers ~
Meanwhile, photographers part I won't elaborate much as I had already mentioned about this topic in my previous entry. So check out that entry for more info!

#Encik Keyrol, 012-2934582

Mak Andam/Make up person~
Abg Din had arranged a mak andam for myself.  We call her Mak Tam...
She actually has a business on her own, so through abg din, i go to get her service too..
The price was included in my package, so if u want to hire mak tam separately, I'm not sure what is the price,u can just check out her Facebook...
Her work of art? Simply awesome beyond words. ;-) u just have to trust her, she is a professional.



Wedding Hall~
For this part, u can google the names of public halls nearby to your desired location, and make some calls, ask for the price and availability... Bear in mind the hall that u wish u had ur wedding be held, is not always the final choice for u, as it all depends on availability... It's crazy how bride to be could managed to book earlier in advance, sometimes a year earlier!

For me, I chose Dewan Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir, a public hall just within the area of my current hometown. Before that we chose a different hall but ended up changing the venue as this was nearer to our place..

They only charged RM50 per hour & I rented it out for 10 hours, from 2pm-12am. We needed to rent earlier than the reception time due to the arrangement that the wedding planner needs to make in the wedding hall. Some wedding halls may charge u the floor carpets separately, and just like me, I was charged RM450 for it. So the total rental was about RM1000+. Nowadays I dont think u can get the price as I heard they are putting air-conditioning inside. I suppose it will be more costly with those.

#The wedding hall-Dewan Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir, 03-42514615


Doorgifts~
Okay for this part, mostly it was all my idea. My husband and I stopped by at this 1 wedding shop in Ampang Point Shopping Mall while we were out looking for wedding stuff.. 

We were wandering around in that shop when I saw this cute little cardboard box which is very cheap, RM0.26 per piece. It was quite big, it could probably accommodate an average size apple. Instantly, I fell in love with the box. I bought 800 pieces for 800 guess and i just paid RM208 for that! 

#Kedai Klim Craft - 1st Floor, next to Popular bookstore, Ampang Point.

Doorgift Stickers~
I wanted to paste a Thank You sticker on each of the boxes, and I found 1 small kiosk in Ampang Point selling this stickers. So I ordered 800 pieces stickers with total cost of RM70. It says 'Natasha & Haikal's wedding, 6/10/2012, Thank You". You can choose whatever words you want them to print.

Later on I decided to put in a muffin inside the box and that was financed by my brother and his fiance. Thanks guys :-)

Wedding Invitation Card~
For this part, we took a service from a printer shop (selling wedding invitation cards) in Semua House mall, KL. We just ordered 300 pieces as we are planning to distribute to our friends, while for relatives we will just invite verbally. This card cost us RM1.10 per piece. We also took a bunting from this shop, which cost us RM50 per piece. Simply give them ur pictures, then, they will create the bunting. It was very nice ^_^ 

Bridal gifts/Hantaran~
In my custom, during the solemnization ceremony, there's an occasion where both brides exchange the bridal gifts. We had started to survey for this gifts 6 months prior to our wedding day..
I saved up to RM500 from my salary each month..

So for this, my husband gave me:-

1) Monetary gift in the form of cheque (RM10,000.00 - hangus terbakar beli semua wedding preparations ni)
2) White gold ring from Tomei
3) Crabtree & Evelyn bathroom set
4) Britney Spears perfume set (RM200+)
5) prayer items for muslim- Bought from Jalan TAR, KL which cost just about RM100+

And I gave him:-

1) prayer items for muslim - Price included with my items
2) Cupcakes (Free gift from my friend)
3) Dolce & Gabbana perfume set (RM300)
4) Body Shop bathroom set
5) Fruits
6) Topman shirt
7) Alan Dillon man's beg


I think I cover all parts of my wedding. If I missed something, just drop me a comment & inshaAllah, whichever parts I think I can advice, I will advice & share my experiences.. ;-)

P/S: It's a good idea to manage your budget & not to spend so much. After marriage, good financial state will always comes in handy. So, plan your wedding and choose simple things! ;-)


my wedding invitation card, pink and white motives
my guest's doorgift (muffins inside)
 
my custom-made wedding album


























No comments: