Saturday, March 9, 2013

Jack and The Giant Slayer ~ movie review


Title: Jack And The Giant Slayer
Date Released: March 2013
Director: Bryan Singer
Production Companies: New Line Cinema, Legendary Pictures, Original Films
Top Line Casts: Nicholas Hoult, Ewan Mcgregor, Eleanor Tomlinson, Stanley Tucci


My opinion about the Hero & Heroin:-
~Nicholas Hoult is the perfect Jack. He's very suitable for the farm boy character in this movie. He has this innocence look in him that really touch a girl's heart. This was my 1st time seeing him acting, and I love him very much. His built, his features and everything, suits the Jack hero in this movie. I watched 'the making'/ behind the scenes' and Nicholas appears to be more handsome in real life. My husband thought the same. I thought the choice of hero is perfect and wish to see him more in other movies.

~Eleanor Tomlinson played Princess Isabelle's character. She's stunning, beautiful and talented. I love her and this is also the first time I watched her play. But somehow I thought she looks older than Jack but I still agree with the choice of heroin

The Summary of The Story:-
"Jack the Giant Slayer" tells the story of an ancient war that is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack (Nicholas Hoult) into the battle of his life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom, its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend-and gets the chance to become a legend himself.-- (C) Warner Bros

Sources: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jack_the_giant_slayer/

Oh my God! I was totally amazed with this, my jaw kept dropping in awed. I grew up with fairy tales & I've always crazy about them. So when my hubby said "we're gonna watch the movie tonight", I went ecstatic! It didn't fail to satisfy my movie cravings & absolutely exceeds my expectation. A must watch!

My husband was all excited for the movie and I am glad we chose to watch this. Actually we were supposed to watch a back to back movies, and after 'Jack and The Giant Slayer', we were supposed to watch 'Oz, The Great and The Powerful'... But unfortunately, my stomach couldnt behave on that day and I was having this very bad diarrhoea and we ended up heading back home after the 1st movie, throwing the other ticket into the drain :-( Not good...

So the movie started off with the scenes of Jack and Princess Isabelle as kids, being told by their parent about the story of the Giants and King Eric. Jack was connected to the story ever since he was a little child. The plot is smooth and does not drag, definitely not boring. The giants faces are awesome, they were so massive. There were so many scenes that made my jaw dropped in awed especially those involving the giants. They were so big and they could ran very fast. There was this scene when they chased after Jack and the royals and I was like, 'woah! Run! Run! Faster!" I just couldn't bear the suspense. ;) it was damn awesome.
From the graphics, the scenery, the place, everything will leave u in awe, I highly suggest this to those fairytales lovers. 2 thumbs up ;-)

No comments: