Wednesday, March 27, 2013

American Idol 2013 - "The Beatles" & Elimination

It was "The Beatles" Theme night where all the top 9 contestants made their own choices of songs from this band. The show chose the theme, the contestants chose the songs- u got the picture.

I thought this theme would bored me & I thought they should have give this kids some themes from the new era. Those musics which are fresh and new in the market.

But then after I saw their performances, I was quite satisfied with it. They delivered those beautiful and recognizable songs successfully and did the songs justice. And I kinda thought that this was the week where they were all able to deliver strong live vocals. It was very impressive, with the exception of one or two.

I'm not gonna go through each performances - I find it very difficult to stay excited with all of the contestants, except only for my favourites. So Im just gonna write the songs each sang that night.

1. Kree Harrison:- “A Little Help From My Friends”
2. Burnell Taylor:- “Let It Be” 
3. Amber Holcomb:- “She’s Leaving Home” 
4. Lazaro Arbos:- “In My Life” 
5. Candice Glover:- “Come Together” 
6. Paul Jolley:- “Eleanor Rigby” 
7. Angie Miller:- “Yesterday” 
8. Devin Velez:- “The Long And Winding Road” 
9. Janelle Arthur:- “I Will” 

My favourite that night were from Burnell and Angie. I thought their performances were superb and they delivered such powerful vocals. Burnell are so unique and original, he has the ability to turn someone else's song to become like his own child.
And Angie, I love the fact that she looks like a rock chick & dresses in black in all of her performances and that she adores PARAMORE; that's just add some more flavors. She is able to sing any songs & make them into soul music. They are both simply unique.

Burnell Taylor's performance:-


For some reason I dont know how come I couldnt upload Angie's youtube video performance for this night :-( Check out the youtube and look for it okay!

So during the elimination, Amber Holcomb, Devin Velez & Paul Jolley were named the bottom 3.
I disagree that Devin should be in the bottom 3 but it's America's votes, so I couldnt say anything about that. Maybe we could change something if it is the judges votes.

Paul Jolley was eliminated that night. I sighed with huge relief. I dont think he deserves a spot in AI. Ouch, sorry Paul. I think AI is dying for strong contenders vocally and I dont think you have what it takes.

I am rooting for Burnell & Angie! <3
       
 



No comments: