Saturday, March 16, 2013

American Idol 2013 - Songs from American Idols

So yesterday night the show was on TV and I watched it with hubby.
Overall their performances were satisfactory, apart from 1 or 2 exceptions. I was impressed with certain performances and most of them aren't fall into my list of favourites. My favourites on the other hand, didnt manage to pull off great performances although they were doing just fine.

So here's the recap:-

1) Nicki Minaj wasnt there during the 1st judging. She arrived late and Ryan had to cover her up
2) The Theme for the night was "Songs from American Idols" - Singing any songs from former contestants in American Idols, be it their own song or other singer's songs but were performed by them.
3) Jimmie Lavine is mentoring the contestants this week
4) Curtis Finch Jr - He did Fantasia's "I Believe". It was not his best performance & I saw some better ones before. To me it was just an okay performance
5) Janelle Arthur - She chose "Gone" which was performed by Scotty before. It was an energetic performance from her but I'm sorry, I think you are very much aware that I dont fancy her at all. After Kree, I dont think no one else could be at the same level.
6) Devin Velez - He sang "Temporary Home", a song performed by Carrie Underwood. It was beautiful but I thought it didn't really challenge his vocals and tones. Like Randy said it was very safe & I couldnt agree more
7) Angie Miller - Chose to sing "I surrender" which was formerly sang by Kelly Clarkson. I thought it was a brilliant choice of song. There was so much power in her performance, be it her voice, appearance or her confidence. Keith looked very proud. I thought it second best performance of hers after "You Set Me Free". She definitely has to stay
8) Paul Jolley - Sang "Amazed" by Scotty. The judges thought he did amazing. Nicki said, Paul tonight is able to stimulate her sexual appetite, referring to his appearance and outfits. I thought he is doing fine but never outstanding
9) Candice Glover - She performed "I Who Have Nothing" which formerly sang by Jordin Sparks & I thought it was the best performance of the night. She delivered such a powerful voice and it went over the top. It was a winning performance.
10) Lazaro Arbos - Performed "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson & I thought it was just an okay performance.
11) Kree Harrison - Chose "Crying" which was performed by Carrie Underwood formerly. The song is simple & not really challenging but I thought her voice is very beautiful
12) Burnell Taylor - Did his own thing in "Flying Without Wings", which was formerly sang by Ruben Studdard. It was brilliant, with those hand gestures and his own original thing. He totally changed the song in his own way
13) Amber Holcomb - The last performance of the night & she chose "A moment like this" by Kelly Clarkson. It was amazingly beautiful & powerful, the song challenged her voice and she delivered it outstandingly. Mariah just said, "Hashtag, Pow", whatever that means. It was perfect.

Tonight I will get to see the result. Can't wait! :-)

Below are the videos of my favourite performances tonight:-


Candice with "I, Who Have Nothing"

Angie Miller with "I Surrender"

And Amber with "A Moment Like This"



No comments: