Thursday, April 18, 2013

American Idol 2013 - Divas & Song from the year you were born

I watched the show on Thursday night but updated it in my blog today, which is delayed, I know. I wanted to update it earlier but I wasn't in the mood for writing (due to my monthly period-pains,urgh) so I think u all know by now who's going out from the top 5 contestants this week.

But I'm not gonna mention it here, as this entry is an update of the performance's night. For the result, I'm gonna write it in a separate entry (so don't forget to catch my second entry :-D)

Follow the lead from the last week's performance show, there were also 2 themes for this week; 'Divas' & 'Song from the year you were born'. The 1st theme (Diva), I thought it was a cool theme & I predicted it wont be boring, given the fact that a person who deserves the 'Diva' title surely owns a famous production. So it wont be as boring as the old themes they always have every week.

And yes, I predicted right. It wasn't boring at all! I surprised myself by staying glued in front of the tv throughout the show.

Just like all my updates previously,I'm not gonna go through each contestants. I'm just gonna write about my favourites & about performances which excite me the most.

My favourite Angie sang a song from Beyonce, 'Halo' during her 1st performance. As we all know, Beyonce is such a great singer & I was quite sceptical when Angie chose her song but Angie did it justice. She always chose the right song, kudos to the amazing girl. She received standing ovations from the judges. In the second performance, she sang a song from The Pretenders, 'I'll stand by you' and dedicate it to her home, Boston. I got to shout out for this 2nd performance, cos it was so great and again, it reminded me of the night when she sang her own song 'You set me free'. Angie is so graceful in front of her piano, and I was teary-eyed throughout the performance. Again, she got standing ovations from the judges. Seriously, I strongly believe she will be the winner this season.
Angie Miller performs "Halo" by Beyonce Knowles

Angie Miller performs "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders

Candice, Kree & Janelle gave some powerful performances this week but they didn't really trigger my excitement button although they were all very awesome that night. Candice sang a song from Mariah Carey & the late Whitney Houstan, 'Miracle',ahhh, my favourite, my very favourite, childhood song. Again, I couldn't help but to be sceptical about it, cos to me, I believe (and I know most people do, too) there are no single person in this planet earth that could sing any songs own by this 2 Divas as much powerful as the way they sang. But I was quite satisfied with Candice's performance & she also deserves a spot there after tonight ( and u all know how powerful she was the week before).

Amber also sang a song from Mariah Carey, 'without you' but there were some slight difference she made from the original song which I didn't like and I couldn't help but to feel the same way like Nicki and Randy did about Amber's performance. Mariah Carey was in my head the whole time & I kept comparing Amber with the Diva. Of course no one could be at the same level with Mariah and I felt a bit of a disappointment cos I thought Amber's interpretations of that song was wrong. However, her vocal is so powerful, hands down.

Now it will be down to top 4. And the person going home this week is the person I predicted to go. Check out my next entry.

No comments: