Monday, April 29, 2013

American Idol 2013 - "Personal Taste" & "One Hit Wonder" and the Elimination result

I'm late in updating the news! It's been 4 days since the last show, but I'm only free to write about it today. Too bad.. I believe all of u has seen the show & aware of the result.

But to those of u who still haven't got a clue, let's read my blog! :-)

On the performance night, as usual there were 2 songs chosen by each contestants and the theme were personal taste (choose any song on their own) & one hit wonder (hit songs).

Ok, I was fully satisfied with the themes & I expected that night I would be hearing familiar songs, which means 'not a boring night' and yes, I did and I was so glad.


Amber started off the night by singing 'The Power of Love' by Celine Dion & I thought that was a brilliant choice of song. I felt like the song was tailored-made for her. I am so proud of this girl, unlike other contestants (especially Kree), she's the only person showing more & more progress each week. I thought this performance was a diva-like performance & definitely deserves all the good comments received from the judges.

Candice sang Drake’s “Find Your Love” and then the Bee Gee’s “Emotions.” To be frank with u, I didn't watch the Drake's performance, and while she sang "Emotions", I was in the shower, but I heard her. She was awesome (like always) but it didn't really trigger my excitement button.


Before I begin to mention about Kree, first of all sorry to all Kree's fan. I love her voice so much and she is such a natural-born singer,
but I don't agree if she wins. After idol, I bet she will make millions of money selling off her amazing records and albums. But to win idol, I don't know, I don't think she's the one. Every week she sticks to her country songs & I can't help feeling so boring. Surprisingly, despite my point of view, she was in the top 2. I totally agree with Nicki Minaj when she said that Kree's spark is fading a bit. Kree is just doing the thing she normally does & there's nothing extra about her.

My favourite Angie Miller really wowed me and all the judges tonight. She sang Jessie J's song "Who you are" with her piano & Julie London's "Cry me a river" & both performances were awesome. She has the star quality I'm looking for & I strongly believe she's the one to win.

Jessie J's "Who you are". Like Nicki said, she heard many renditions of this song but Angie's was phenomenal.

But what I got to shout out and give my BIG mention here was the performance of Angie & Candice, singing a song from Rihanna, "Stay". I was totally stunned by it. Both were amazing, and I thought it was already the finals. It was the 'grammy award' performance. I was totally blown away with both of them (and I love the way Angie sang, she rocks right there).

Brilliant, wasn't it? ;-)

The result?

All 4 girls remain in their position. Yeah, there is no elimination. Hurrah! At this point, I hate to see anyone goes.




No comments: